Meet the Team
Experienced Family Law Specialists
Tracey Van Wickler
Attorney at Law
Tracey Van Wickler is the owner of Van Wickler Law PLLC. Admitted to the practice of law in Arizona, Ms. Van Wickler is an experienced family law trial attorney, who also recognizes the psychological importance and financial benefits of settlement. As such, when appropriate, Ms. Van Wickler strongly encourages her clients to utilize mediation, binding arbitration and other forms of alternative dispute resolution.
Ms. Van Wickler has been engaged in the private practice of law since 2001. During her career, Ms. Van Wickler has practiced in family law, having focused exclusively in said area for the past 13 years. Because of her years of practice, Ms. Van Wickler can provide her clients with the added benefit of her extensive knowledge and skills in a variety of important divorce, post-decree and other family law issues, including:
- Divorce, including legal decision-making (custody), parenting time (visitation), child support, spousal maintenance and division of assets and debts
- Utilization of experts in business valuation, forensic accounting, division of retirement and pension benefits, etc., in complex divorce proceedings
- Paternity, including legal decision-making (custody), parenting time (visitation) and child support
- Post-decree matters, including modifications of legal decision-making (custody), parenting time (visitation), child support and spousal maintenance, and enforcement (or contempt) of legal decision-making (custody), parenting time (visitation), child support, spousal maintenance and division of assets and debts
- Pre-Marital (Nuptial) Agreements and Post-Martial (Nuptial) Agreements
- Appeals of family law rulings
Ms. Van Wickler is an active member of several professional organizations, including the State Bar of Arizona and the Maricopa County Bar Association. Ms. Van Wickler has volunteered her time to these organizations in a variety of capacities including as a presenter at various continuing legal education seminars.
A graduate of the Arizona State University College of Law, Van Wickler was a member and Editor of the Arizona State Law Journal. Her legislative review, "H.B. 2564: The Real Estate Disclosure Act Threatens Arizona’s Children with Becoming 'Megan' Victims," was published in the Journal’s Spring 2000 edition.
When away from the practice of law, Ms. Van Wickler spends her time supporting her son in his competitive swim with The Scottsdale Aquatic Center and supporting her daughter in her competitive softball. Ms. Van Wickler also an avid runner.
Maria E. Perez
Maria Perez has been working with Ms. Van Wickler since 2015, and as the Firm’s office manager and lead paralegal, Ms. Perez’s commitment to excellence in client relations and work product has contributed considerably to the Firm’s foundation and success.
Ms. Perez has gained considerable legal experience throughout her career by working for some of the Valley’s most recognized law firms which have contributed to her professional development. Ms. Perez further broadened her legal prowess by working in the United Kingdom in 2008. Prior to joining Van Wickler Law PLLC, Ms. Perez worked with Ms. Van Wickler where they solidified their joint commitment to excellence in professional quality and client relations which form the basis of the Firm’s practice today.
Ms. Perez regularly assists Ms. Van Wickler and clients with navigating the various forms of alternative dispute resolution, as well as the preparation for and presentation of litigated matters to the court. She also continues her professional development by participating in ongoing continuing legal education.
Ms. Perez attended Arizona State University earning a Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies in Organizational Studies. She is currently preparing to continue her education on the graduate level.
When away from the firm, Ms. Perez enjoys travel, sporting events, reading and spending time with her family.